22 January 2010

After-thoughts: 5.11 Sam Interrupted (updated)

After a long painful hellatus, my favorite show is back! Before I get too lazy to write, I better just do it. So here are my thoughts on Sam Interrupted.

Sam Interrupted is not my one of favorite episodes, it is certainly not one of the best episodes of this season. I don't know if it is the script or the editing, but the episode looked a bit disjointed sometimes. But no Supernatural episode in my book falls below the 2 out of 5 mark. There is always something you like about it, there is always something that made or completed the episode, give me just one scene or one Dean's one-liner, and I'm satisfied.

The episode gave an insight into the mental states of Dean and Sam. It was like a therapy session for the boys. The episode contributed to their character development. I noticed that in a filler episode, the writers always make the last scene the best scene, just to tie things together. In this case, Sam's confession about his anger. He wasn't being pretentious about his feeling, it's like a weight has been lifted off Sam's shoulders by expressing those honest feelings. It's the first time in a long time, I actually buy what Sam said.

This episode was written by Andrew Dabb & Daniel Loflin, who also wrote
Yellow Fever, After School Special, Jump the Shark and I Believe The Children Are Our Future. I am ok with the episodes they wrote (my favorites are After School Special and I Believe The Children Are Our Future), but I still much prefer episodes written by Eric Kripke, Sera Gamble, Ben Edlund, Jeremy Carver, Julie Siege or Raelle Tucker.

Other random thoughts:

- Did anyone pick up the My Bloody Valentine 3D vibe with Jensen's talking to nobody?
- Jon Gries who played Martin, is Roger Linus in Lost
- Dean always welcomes a kiss from any chick but Sam is acting like he is eating poo or something. His reaction was so funny.
- I cannot help but notice Jared's sideburns. The shape of his sideburns is so Elvis.

For the pudding, I give this episode is 2.8 out of 5.

Before I forget, check this out! This is one of the best fanvids I've seen. It's epic. It's really awesome!

Update: How many people witnessed PUDDING?
Just got some ratings news last night thanks to Hunters' Addict. Sam Interrupted did pretty well on Thursday night. Supernatural has 1.3 adults 18-49 rating, which was slightly above its season average.
Sam Interrupted gained 2.8 mil in the first half hour and 2.7 mil in the second half. For a full report, go to TVByTheNumbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, you know you want to! It is the Winchester way.