17 February 2010
Pop the Moët and Let's Party! Supernatural Season 6 Confirmed!!
Before I went to bed last night, I actually opened a bottle of Moët. No special reasons, I just had a burger and fries last night, we've got nothing to drink except the Moët. But revelation came this morning. I now realise why that bottle of Moët was opened! Hey Mum, I could see the future!
When I woke up, Twitter was exploded with the news. Supernatural season 6 has been officially confirmed by The CW. This is an early pick up, no news on Smallville season 10, but I hope The CW will announce it soon, one way or another.
This is what we know from Maureen Ryan from the Chicago Tribune.
- Eric Kripke is coming back for season 6. In Kripke we trust, I am not worried about the quality of the show because of Kripke and his writers.
- Sera Gamble said that we will not be getting Apocalypse, The Squeaquel in Season 6.
- You don't know this already: Supernatural has one of the most loyal audiences of any show on television and does heroic work in a perennially tough time period. It has improved over last season among women and adults 18-34 (29% and 8%, respectively) this season, a remarkable accomplishment for a fifth-year show.
This is what I don't know:
- Will Season 6 will be the last season of the show? (My feeling is yes. Contractually, Jensen and Jared are signed for six seasons only. And creatively, I don't think it should go beyond season 6.)
- The show has just been renewed, so obviously there isn't much details about the story arc, direction of season six, who get to live (apart from Dean and Sam.) etc...
- Will Supernatural be stay on the Thursday time slot? Or will it go to Friday with Smallville (IF Smallville gets the renewal?
So I am going to gathering my thoughts and go wild with my theory and put together a wish list within the next few days. I will keep you posted with any development.
Whoever is going to Comic Con, I think it's likely that Supernatural will have a panel there. So Tweet well my friends!