17 March 2010

A Nice Day at The Beach; Journey into Across the Universe


While we are waiting for the painful hellatus to be over (Yes, that's right folks, Supernatural is returning to your screen - whether it be on your TV screen if you're US/ Canada viewers.. or your computer screen if you're just crazies like me from other part of the universe.) Where was I? Oh yeah... while we are waiting for Supernatural to come back, I went the beach. I've been wanting to go to the beach and just read a book or something. I did that today.

It was pleasant. Being on a weekday, it wasn't busy at all. I just looked at the Simpsons blue sky for like 15 minutes, read a few chapters of The Gunslinger by Stephen King, looked at the sky again, and then read some more. It was the best day in weeks.

What I wanted to share with you is my playlist. It was awesome to share the afternoon with the mother nature while listening to some of my favorite songs. I hope you like them too.

New Slang - The Shins
Just like Honey - The Jesus and Mary Chain
Kokomo - The Beach Boys
Cash Money - The Beautiful Girls
Dreams - The Cranberries
Traffic in the Sky - Jack Johnson
Long Way Round - Sterophonics
La Bamba - Los Lobos
California Dreamin' - The Mamas & The Papas
Time Capsule - Matthew Sweet

So anyway, on my way home, I realised that I was meant to download Hey Jude, but I kept forgetting. When I was in front of my computer, I realised that we can't download any original Beatles songs on iTune. But I came across a cover by Joe Anderson. I was like WHO? So I listened to it anyway. I know the originals are always the best (well sometimes) but Joe's version rocks!! 5 seconds into the song and I loved it already.


And then I realise it was a song from a movie soundtrack. The movie was Across The Universe, which was named after a Beatle song. So I started digging more information on the movie. And it turned out Across the Universe is one of those movies I'd love to watch. Like Garden State. The soundtrack contained many Beatles songs, sung by actors in the movie. NICE! I downloaded Across the Universe by Jim Sturgess and Strawberry Field Forever by Jim Sturgess & Joe Anderson. They are awesome!

Next step - I am going to hunt down the movie DVD!!! Wish me luck! It sounds like a really awesome movie to watch! I'll come back with a review.

I watched Alice in Wonderland 3D on the weekend. It was cute and awesome! Now that I've watched three 3D movies (MBV3D, Avatar and Alice), I am going to write something on this blog. No deadline, but it will be done.

Until next time! Have a nice week!

PS: Expect some spoiler clips on Bobby and Zombies to appear this week. Don't forget, Supernatural returns next week Thursday 25 March on the CW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, you know you want to! It is the Winchester way.