15 February 2009

He is Just Not That Into You.. and may be I am just not that into the movie

He is Just Not That Into You has a pretty attractive cast. I mean you've got Jennifer Aniston, Drew Barrymore, Justin Long (my Mac guy!), Ginnifer Goodwin, Scarlett Johannson, Jennifer Connelly, and Ben Affleck.

It's a chic flick about modern dating and the message was spot on: giving/ receiving the right/ wrong signals, falling in and out of love (if it existed in the first place), making the wrong move, making the wrong decision; the further you look, the close the thing you are looking for is right in front of you. It's not easy and it's hard work. We see ourselves in these characters and we've experienced ups and downs just like these characters.

Nobody got chopped off by Tom Hanniger.. wait.. wrong movie..! Now that would be an interesting cross over, Gigi would have killed every single guy she dated and Janine would have killed not only her husband but the entire construction team. (I must admit, Janine was a bit scary, she looked like someone who could literally kill everyone in the supermarket one day without any sign of warning and she would clean up the blood and dispose the bodies after the murder... signing off "I told you to stop smoking!".)

With a big cast like this with so many story lines, I usually have a favorite character or story. But I just can't name one. I guess Gigi and Alex's story is probably the most memorable. This movie kind of reminds me Love Actually (which is one of my favorite movies.. I watch it every Xmas). It also has a big cast with multiple stories just like He is Just Not That Into You, but it didn't give me the same satisfaction I got from Love Actually. And I really want to see more Drew Barrymore.

He is Just Not That Into You gets 3 out of 5 stars from the Impala's Trunk.

In no particular order, here is my top 9 chic flicks of all time:

Sleepless in Seatle
Sweet Home Alabama
When Harry Met Sally
Love Actually
Needing You (From Hong Kong and it's highly recommanded.)
Eternal Sunshine on a Spotless Mind
Music and Lyrics
The Holiday
The Devil Wears Prada

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, you know you want to! It is the Winchester way.