20 July 2011

Let the World's Biggest Nerd-Fest Begin

The world is never ready for a nerd's raw magnetism. The time has come again for nerds to gather and play. There is nothing more sad than not being able to attend. I am a new SDCC follower, I have only been following them for 3 years top, mainly due to Supernatural, Smallville etc.

Scream for us, boys and girls. We are going to bring the roof of Hall H down!
 
Last year, around 6,000 fans packed Hall H for Smallville and The Avengers. This year is Supernatural's turn. Today, a full SPN panel line up is revealed -- Jensen Ackles and Jarad Padalecki, Misha Collins, Jim Beaver, Mark Sheppard with Sera Gamble (Executive Producer/ Showrunner) and Ben Edlund (Consulting Producer... interesting title) Source: Gather

It's like LACon all over again, except it's bigger and it's an official engagement! :)

I was talking to a friend on Twitter about the line up. Having Misha on the panel means Castiel is still an integral character to the show (I've never doubt that!). But 'upgrading' Mark to the SDCC panel could mean that Crowley is more than just a guest star punk-ass crossroad demon -- being on the SDCC panel reflects the importance of Crowley on the show. How? I don't know. I guess we'll know on Sunday.

And, it's weird that Eric Kripke is not part of the line up *pouty face*. Kripke is only going to be a Producer in season seven. I have no doubt Kripke is still acting like a consultant, Sera and Ben can always call him. Kripke is also working on his feature movie Haunted, which I am giving my 666% support! With Ben Edlund's new job title as the Consulting Producer, I think Sera will explain everything we need to know on Sunday.

In other news, Captain America will have a screening at SDCC on Thursday 21 July. Chris Evans will be there to introduce the film. It's been reported that The Avengers cast will be at the Marvel Booth at SDCC including Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Robert Downey, Jr., (Iron Man), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), and Mark Ruffalo (Bruce Banner / The Hulk). Source: SF Chronicle

Speaking of Captain America, the premier happened last night in LA. Wow.. Chris Evans sure looks smart! RDJ and Hemsworth were also at the red carpet. Read the full report and more photos at Daily Mail.


You know I can't help it! I still think Jensen Ackles could've been Captain America, walking the red carpet *another pouty face*

One more thing, Zachary Levi (Chuck) has invited Jarpad to be on some sort of panel after the SPN panel on Sunday. I don't have much info and apparently all tickets have been sold out. Sources said Zachary is setting up a private conversation with stars from Firefly (I believe Adam, Alan and Jewel will be there!), Battlestar Gallatica, Stoopid Monkey and friends of Zac Levi (including Jarpad). I also think (don't quote me) Zachary Quinto and Scott Bakula will also be there. Not sure if there will be some sort of highlight reel or whatever, but follow Zac and his Nerd Machine for real-time details. You can also check out the Nerd Machine website for details.

Want more SDCC goodies? Here is a good summary on the 'top five can't miss events' at this year's SDCC. Zac's panel mentioned.

PS.. I have watched Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows. I will definitely watch it again and I will blog about it soon. I have quite a busy schedule in the next few weeks, but I'll sort my shit out and get those back-lot blog posts up.

Happy Wednesday everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, you know you want to! It is the Winchester way.