25 July 2010

Comic Con 2010 - Best of Day 3 (OH MY!)

Between Inception, zombies dream, Xmas in July and just because it's Sunday here, I hope I am not dreaming. Comic Con this year just gets bigger with guests, news and major announcement.

Call me whatever, but I actually wasn't expecting Chris Evans to be on-site at this year's ComicCon. I was half-expecting a satellite interview or something. G4TV did an on-site interview with Captain America's director Joe Johnson, Chris Evans and Hugo Weaving.


Screen Rent has posted a summary of the Captain America panel. The Chris Evans Blog has posted some amazing photos from Chris' appearance at Comic Con. Go check it out!


I am sure I'll watch Thor because I want to see Natalie Portman, who confirmed that she won't appear in The Avengers. USAToday has a report on the panel.



Onto The Avengers. Some big announcements were made about the casting of Hawkeye and Hulk. Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye and Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner. Someone was saying Ruffalo's mum was in the VIP line to the panel or something.. That confirmed it alright! Seriously, this is official.



There's more! Here comes the main course for me! Did anyone actually expect to see the cast of
The Avengers on stage at Comic Con this year? I certainly wasn't!! Kevin Feige, Marvel's President showed the fans an Avengers video of the logo narrated by Nick Fury (aka Samuel L Jackon). And then Samuel L Jackson were on stage introducing the cast of The Avengers to stage - Agent Coulson, followed by Scarlett Johansson, then Chris Hemsworth, then Chris Evans then Robert Downey jr.! oh my!


Source: ScreenRent

Source: Marvel

Source: Marvel


When Joss was on stage, he said, "I have had a dream all my life and it was not this good. This cast is more than I could have ever hoped for. And I am going to blow it. So I need your love; I need your support." The crowd went nuts!

[Update: I found a better HD quality video] This is nuts! Samuel L Jackson introducing the cast from the beginning. Followed by RDJ introducing new cast members.


Seriously, who could handle a big cast and handle their relationships and the story well, and who's loved by fans for years? Joss Whedon is certainly the man!

Read it all at
io9. USAToday also has a great summary including Thor, Captain America and The Avengers. If you want the minute by minute report, definitely check out the MTV Splash Page!!

Now that it's official, director of
The Avengers, Joss Whedon is comfortably talking about it. io9 has an awesome video interview with Joss.


The question is: Where is hell is DC? Marvel certainly went all out with the Avengers!

OK so, don't forget!!!
Sunday 25 July, the Super-Best-One-Two-Punch on TV, Smallville and Supernatural will have their panel on stage. Geoff Johns will moderate Smallville, Brian Truitt will moderate the Supernatural panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, you know you want to! It is the Winchester way.