29 December 2012

My Favorite Things of 2012

I blog about Supernatural and everything else relating to the show a lot! However, there are many other things that make me happy and appreciate life more. I wanted to dedicate this feature to other things I love that are not Supernatural related. I have named the year's best dress, photo, actors, person of the year etc. So, here they are, my version of something like a 'best of...' according to yours truly.

Photo of the year is...

Can you guess where this photo was taken? Don't peak!


This was taken in October this year when I was at the bottom of the staircase of Apple Store on 5th Avenue in New York. I love this shot so much because it fits the definition of a great 'Kodak moment.' This is the background of my other travel and food blog -- Sunny Tiny.

Apart from Supernatural, my second favorite TV series of the year is...

Between Arrow, A Game of Thrones, Revolution, Homeland, Once Upon A Time, New Girl, The Walking Dead.. it is a very hard decision to make, but I have decided. 

The winner is Once Upon A Time. It's just growing on me and I am really into the show and the mythology now! Arrow or Revolution could have been the winner, but I found the last few episodes of Arrow a bit repetitive, but they always reveal something in each episode and I do like what I saw in the mid-season finale. Revolution lost to OUAT by a hair. I just know OUAT a bit more than Revolution. Bottomline is, I can explain OUAT better and in great details to my brother than other shows. And that's the sign right there.



Apart from Jensen Ackles, the second best performance from an actor is...

Robert Carlyle! Surprise? Yes dearie, even I find my decision a little surprising! Carlyle's performance as Rumpledkiltskin/Mr Gold really make the show for me. His performance is.. well.. gold! Rumpledkiltskin/Mr Gold holds the key to everything that happens on the show. Mysterious Rumpledkiltskin/Mr Gold is mysterious!


I want to grow up just like her -- most inspiring female actress of the year is...

Hands down Zooey Deschanel! She is awesome as Jess in New Girl. She is a super cool chic. She is not your Miss Universe beauty, she is not the cliche Hollywood drop dead gorgeous hot chic with a hot body. This is a compliment, Zooey! Hehe. 

Zooey is quirky, funny and nerdy. She is not the sexy lady type. She is one of a kind and she makes wearing glasses hot! Zooey is inspirational! I want to grow up just like her! I love WWZDW! Check this out my fellow quirky ladies.. This is a website called What Would Zooey Deschanel Wear. This is OMG awesome! 

And I want a pair Oliver Peoples glasses! The closest I can find is one from Agnes B, which is what I am wearing now. 


Biggest disappointment of the year is...

Apart from Instagram? It's Smash.. it could've been a great show, but it just lacks a lot of things. But still, I'll tune in for season two and see how it plays out. 

The best burger of the year is...


Shake Stack from Shake Shack!! This, THIS, IS happiness! As I my teeth sank into the burger, a smile appeared from my face. OMFG... This burger is amazing!! Just amazing!! I went to New York for this!




Best dress of the year is...

Tangerine Tango is the color of the year in 2012. Emerald Green is the color of 2013, in case you ask. Anyway. This year at the Emmy Awards, Ginnifer Goodwin wore this STUNNING dress. I cannot get over how beautiful this is! OMG! Move over Miss Universe! 


Apart from Dean Winchester, my second favorite hero of the year is...

Apart from Dean Winchester, the green guy makes the list this year.

I've been Ruffalised. Hulk is misunderstood by me. I never get it. And what's with the pants? Joss Whedon's take on the Hulk in The Avengers changed the way I look at the character. And I think Mark Ruffalo is awesome. Although I still don't get the pants thing. 

  
Favorite villain of the year is...

I could make another Facebook or Instagram joke, but even I won't find it funny.

My favorite villain of the year is Loki!! Thank you Tom Hiddleston for making Loki so enjoyable to watch. I can listen to his voice all day!!

 
Movie of the year is...

Two words: The Avengers


Person of the year is...

Apart from Jensen Ackles, it comes down to this: between Joss Whedon and Barack Obama. 

Really? OK. It's Joss! 2012 is a payoff year for Joss. After Firefly, I don't think Joss has recovered from such stupid brutality from the MAN. Joss totally deserves the success and his works deserve to be seen as a driving force behind the cultural movement of this generation. The Avengers may not be the best thing ever for many, but it is one of the best things ever. The Avengers is the shape of things to come. Look out! Joss will be Person of the Decade!


This year's most played song according to my iTune playlist is...

No! It's not Gangnam Style!

According to my playlist, it's a race between Zooey Deschanel's Hey Girl and Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass's Spanish Flea. I don't know how it happened, but Hey Girl was played 1544 times, and Spanish Flea was played 396 times.
 
The best goodbye from a TV series is...

CHUCK! I cried from the moment Casey gave Chuck a hug! Don't judge me but I think 007 is lame. I dislike the whole "I am Bond, James Bond. I am so hot, it's your lost if you don't fall into my arms and let me kiss you right now" thing. What is he? Fabio?

Chuck changed my perception towards spy things. It rocks! And I even like Tim Dalton and the twist about his character!


Convention of the year is...

I've only been to one convention this year but the winner is Salute to Supernatural, Chicago

How bias is that? I've had a stressful year, this is hands down the best weekend of the year. I wish I could stop time and never leave Chicago.


Project of the year

You have your mining booms and dooms, and I got my LEGO project!


Best people I met this year is...

Taxi drivers. I know! I know cabbies are not loved by many, especially my mother. But when you are engaged in a conversation with them, you will discover stories of the city. Only by engaging in a conversation with people, you will find out more about a culture. It's an enriching experience.


 Best city of the year is...

New York! This city really inspires me and I would do anything to go there again! New Yorkers want you to love their city. It has a rich culture, it inspires you to do better things. It's great for walking, eating, shopping, reading, writing and taking photos. I return home with new attitude and new ideas. LOVE!


 Jensen's best look of the year is...

You know I can't help it! Jensen's appearance at the CW Up-Front in NYC this year is epic! He looks like the man in charge! Give him the Godfather role and he can nail it! HOT HOT HOT HOT! 

This is hands down the hottest look of Jensen in a public appearance.

Don Jensen.


So, there you do. What are your favorite things in 2012? What makes you happy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, you know you want to! It is the Winchester way.