03 August 2011

Random Wednesday Edition - Capt America; Harry Potter; Joss Whedon

So, I've had a very busy week.. I haven't stopped eating and drinking since Friday, not in a bad way, but it was a bit of a sibling catch up. As you can imagine, I am super tired!

I have watched Captain America, I really enjoyed it. I am planning to watch it again this weekend and then will write a review. The film is jam-packed with information, the story could have been a bit more tighten. Everything happened so fast! It's a great film and Steve Rogers has a great story, so I want to make sure I don't miss any details. Watch this space.

I am also planning to watch Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows again for good time sake. I have a very hectic August, but it will happen. Again, I will definitely write a review. I was so tired after the movie because I cried through out the movie! I cannot believe this is IT!

This year's hellatus hasn't been as painful as I expected. Getting the Capt & HP review done is pretty much the to-do list for August. And Supernatural season seven premier will be here before we know it! LOL... Did you know? Castiel has met the Ghost Facers before!? Well.. it was shot during the Ghost Facers con a few years ago.The video seems to have been taken off, but you can read about it at Hypable.

I have been watching a few Joss Whedon's old speeches. This man really inspires me!! Check this out, Joss gave a speech at Equality Now back in 2006. 
"Equality is not a concept. It’s not something we should be striving for. It’s a necessity. Equality is like gravity, we need it to stand on this earth as men and women – and the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who’s confronted with it." -- Joss Whedon, Equality Now, 2006



And here is another one, Joss Whedon received the Outstanding Lifetime Achievement Award in Cultural Humanism at Harvard University's Memorial Church on10 April 2009.
"The enemy of humanism is not faith. The enemy of humanism is hate, is fear, is ignorance, is the darker part of man that is in every humanist, every person in the world. That is what we have to fight. Faith is something we have to embrace. Faith in god means believing absolutely in something with no proof whatsoever. Faith in humanity means believing absolutely in something with a huge amount of proof to the contrary. We are the true believers." -- Joss Whedon, Harvard University's Memorial Church, April 2009



And I'll leave you with one more of my favorite quotes: "People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours."

Live your dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, you know you want to! It is the Winchester way.