08 May 2012

NBC Picked Up Eric Kripke's Revolution

Source: EW  & Examiner
Surprise..! NOT! I knew NBC would pick up the series Revolution! Jon Favreau actually tweeted before I went to bed last night that he had some happy news. I knew it!! So excited about this new Abrams and Kripke adventure! I am just so excited! I can't wait to watch it.

Of course, it's a bit pre-mature to love it, but I don't care! I hope it's good! But seriously, on paper, it looks like a winning team -- Abrams, Kripke and Favreau. Favreau has only directed the Pilot of the show, but it's a good start, right?! Not sure how many episodes have been ordered but the show is heading to New York on May 14th to attract a group of potential advertisers. I guess we'll know soon!

AND... here is an Easter Egg for you. Favreau has been tweeting recently about working on the score for the show with Christopher Lennertz. Lennertz previously worked on the score for Supernatural, which earned him a nomination for an Emmy for Outstanding Musical Composition in a Series for his score for the pilot in 2006.

Revolution follows a group of people struggling to survive in a world where all forms of energy have mysteriously disappeared. Cast includes Billy Burke (Twilight), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad) and David Lyons (The Cape). It does sound very much a cross between Fallen Skies and Jericho, but who cares?! It's Kripke's new baby! 

Source: EW  & Examiner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, you know you want to! It is the Winchester way.