31 August 2012

S.H.I.E.L.D - The Television Series

Joss as Hawkeye.. no.. wait..what?
This is so exciting, right? How long have fans been waiting for Joss to return to television to tell us good stories? How far have we come as a fandom to see good things happen to this great creative man who is called Joss Whedon? 

Over the past few days, we have read about the Whedon-created-Marvel-related ABC television series. Looks like it has been named S.H.I.E.L.D. For those who are not familiar with S.H.I.E.L.D. it stands for Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage Logistic Directorate. It is a long standing organisation in the Marvel universe and it has been mentioned in the recent Marvel movies -- Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers. Did you know, the fictional location of the Avengers HQ is on 890, 5th Avenue, New York. Why do I know these things? Because I am Chloe Sullivan. Oh wait.. wrong franchise! But hey, I have done my research, check out the Ultimate Nerd Guide to New York City which has a map of many fictional locations as depicted in Marvel comics. 

Back to S.H.I.E.L.D. According to multiple reports, the TV pilot has been green lit by ABC. Don't expect to see RDJ or Chris Evans in it. But if they are on the show I am your very friendly Stay Puft Marshmallow man. Over the past few days, fans and blogs have been naming their dream cast. As you would have expected from die-hard Joss Whedon fans, we want the entire cast of Buffy, Angel, Horrible and Firefly to be on the show. And I have a feeling that we might see a few to be cast. As long as Adam Baldwin is in it, I am good! 

Joss also talked about some of the deleted scenes in the newly released The Avengers DVD and also the S.H.I.E.L.D. series. Check out his interview with Vulture.

So, who is your dream cast? What do you want to see in this excited television series? Let's hear it!

Source: LATimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, you know you want to! It is the Winchester way.