08 March 2009

This week's random thoughts

Harry Potter & Twilight

I've been reading the Twilight series, I am currently reading Eclipse (the 3rd book), I think I am half way through. I can't seem to get into Eclipse like I did with the first 2 books, may be I was on holiday or may be everything is getting repetitive. Not sure. But I've decided to give it a rest and re-visit Harry Potter and the Half Blooded Prince. The movie is coming out and I cannot wait!!! I've seen the trailer like a thousands times, and it just reminds me the stuff I love about Harry and co. Harry and JK Rowling = the winning combination!

Watchmen

OK saw the Watchmen today. I don't know too much about the original graphic novel but I knew the themes will involve nuclear war, politics, vigilant and the usual superhero stuff. And I want to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan. I guess the movie didn't disappoint. But I want my superheroes to be superheroes. Ozymandias is a superhero turns bad.. And I am not sure if the Comedian was ever a superhero. Dan
Dreiberg's sideburn bothers me at times (you can send all your hate mails to me for this comment). I struggle to like Dr Manhattan and others. May be they are meant to be likeable? I am not sure. One thing I like about the movie is the soundtrack. I thought the songs were great choices and I think they work great with certain scenes. The great example is the opening scene, Unforgettable was the backdrop of the murder of the Comedian.

Upcoming movies I am excited about

1.) Harry Potter & the Half Blooded Prince: KICK ASS!
2.) Angels & Demons: I need to finish reading the novel, but revisiting Harry first.
3.) Terminator Salvation: I have been waiting for the green light, the cast announcement, the trailer and now the release of the movie.
4.) New York I Love You: I saw the trailer on YouTube, it's good and it's one of those small films I'd like to watch. This is a NY version of Paris I Love You.
5.) Star Trek: Well.. I am not so much, but my friends are excited about it. I think Sylar/ Zachery Quinto looks funny as Spook.

Lost

I am now fully up to date with the current season of Lost. And it's been awesome! My current favourite characters are Daniel Faraday, Sawyer and Dasmond. I think it's really refreshing to see Sawyer as a changed man and I am absolutely loving this season!

Oh.. a message to Channel Seven.. I can't love you at the moment. Why? Because you have once again demonstrated your inability to schedule a great show like 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, you know you want to! It is the Winchester way.