29 August 2009

If only John Sheppard could name more Wraith.....

Let's talk about Stargate Atlantis.

One of the best thing I love about SGA is the Wraith. They are like space cowboys. They look so cool, they are the bad boys with deep sexy voice, they have cool costumes and they live to feed. Disturbing! I know! I worry about myself sometimes, considering my all time favorite hottie is Jensen Ackles, and now I am talking about the Wraith.

When it comes to the baddies of
SGA and SG1, I think the Goa'uld are good, the replicators are ok, the Genii are annoying and I don't care about the Ori. But to me the Wraith are more like-able than other baddies. I just fell in love with the Wraith immediately since the pilot of SGA.

Actually, Lieutenant Colonel John Sheppard is the reason why I like the Wraith more than other baddies on the show. I don't know if it was intended to be comedic or what, but I love it when Sheppard named the Wraith. Let's bring out the beauty pageant.

STEVE
The actor who played Steve was James Lafazanos. Lafazanos has appeared as a Wraith (whether it's Steve or Bob or no name Wraith) in at least 15 episodes of SGA. See full list here.

The first time Sheppard named a Wraith was in
season 1 Suspicion. This Wraith was named Steve by Sheppard. Steve also appeared as Steve in Poisoning the Well. I think Steve also appeared in The Rising but of course he didn't have a name then. Steve is elegant, well-spoken and he has this Matrix Neo look. HOT! But how did he get his hair so straight? GHD!

I've seen the special feature of the DVD on the Wraith. Peter Deluise said that he didn't think anyone on the set had actually seen the actors who play the Wraith
without their make up on. They were always in make-up. In that featurette, Lafazanos sang in his Wraith costume and make up.

BOB
Bob appeared in one episode of season 1, The Siege, Part 1. One of my favorite episodes of SGA. Not as sexy as Steve, Bob has a different tattoo and dreadlocks. I don't think Bob liked to talk, he was kinda shy. But yeah, nice tat!

MICHAEL
Michael appeared in season 2 of SGA. He is probably one of the most important Wraith in the series, so important, the episode he first appeared in was called Michael. Michael looked very different from other Wraith. He has short silver hair and his voice was different.. Quite sexy actually. At the beginning, I felt kinda sorry for Michael, because the way he's been treated/ experienced. But not so much after that, Michael gets interesting as the series developed.

TODD
When Todd first appeared in season 3 Common Ground, I think this character has so much potential I was secretly hoping to see him again. Todd and Sheppard had great on screen chemistry, which I love. Todd returned in season 4 The Seer and five other episodes. I was really hoping Todd to stay alive as long as possible. DON'T KILL HIM! He and McKay had some great funny moments in Miller's Crossing. Todd returned in six episodes in season 5, kinda becoming a regular in some way! Awesome! Todd is such a great character, he has personality! If the SGA movie is a go, I would LOVE to see Todd there! What made Todd so good to watch was the actor who played him, the awesome Christopher Heyerdahl! Heyerdahl also played Halling in season 1 of SGA (a human). Heyerdahl was also Kal-El's uncle Zor-El in Smallville, demon Alastair in Supernatural. He also appeared in Sanctuary and the up-coming Twilight: New Moon.

KENNY
Oops.. sorry.. wrong pic! Try again..

Is it just me or is this the most random name Sheppard has ever given to a Wraith? Sheppard: "I don't think Kenny knows, he seemed a bit surprised when the Hive disappeared." McKay: "Who?" Sheppard: "You know Kenny! Todd's second in command." Oh yeah, this Wraith looks like a Kenny!

If only Sheppard could name more Wraith, I'd suggest Stan, Cartman and Kyle.

Do you have a favorite Wraith?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, you know you want to! It is the Winchester way.